View Single Post
      03-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #55
sdorn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Jet Black 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzerofive
So... as long as I say "I don't think" when I lie, I'll be okay? It doesn't qualify as a lie simply because he said "I don't think"???
No, if you can prove that he knew it was untrue and lied intentionally with the intent to deceive when he said it, it wouldn't matter if he added the words "I don't think" at the beginning. I don't believe you can prove all three of the following:

1. That the statement was untrue.
2. That he knew at the time he made the statement that it was untrue, and actually realized that he was making an untrue statement.
3. He intended to deceive people with the statement.

Now, as far as the rest of the post with the quotes from CNN and wherever else, I couldn't really tell what was your analysis and what you were saying were his lies. I did pick out the part about the first plane hitting the tower on 9/11. The quote you gave said that he saw an airplane hit the first tower on the television. If there was no actual footage of a plane hitting the first tower until after a plane had hit the second tower, he obviously meant that he saw that a plane had hit the first tower on television. They were definitely reporting that fact before the plane hit the second tower. Obviously, if he had actually seen the plane that hit the first tower, he wouldn't have thought it was an accident. Obviously he, like most other people including myself, when seeing on television that a plane had hit one of the World Trade Center towers thought that it was a small plane flown by some inexperienced pilot that crashed into the building accidentally.
2006 Jet Black 325i (SOLD)
2001 Bullitt Mustang (450rwhp - SOLD)
Appreciate 0