Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
why not come back to the bimmer family and get an M6
Probably for the similar reasons you haven't bought the M6. My acceptable limits on swelling the Governments coffers with heavily taxed fuel prices have their limit and I like going around corners. Also the depreciation on the M6 and indeed these sporty Jags is high. I'm not brand loyal, more model specific and some manufacturers produce mainstream cars then throw in the odd curve ball. The fun is in trying them all out. Who knows what the future holds and I always keep abreast of the same marques put it that way.

There is currently only one car I've previously owned that I would own again in a shot............won't bore everyone with which one, gets a bit wearing imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliesum View Post
they had a great looking xkr at goodwood fos all white with black wheels
my local dealership has a white xfr with same treatment and looks spectacular.
i have only recently changed to an x5 and love putting all the kayaking stuff in it but am soooo tempted now and have seen paramount offer a 600bhp tune for 4 k!
the b&w stereo is really something else but in the xj (REAL OLD MANS STYLING) it is 3 x more powerful
funny really, listening to thought of the day or shipping forecast with that bass!!
still havent seen a nicer rear this side of the granturismo s x
Shipping forecast lol........why may I ask?

I agree the rear end is very nice although I had a nosey in the boot and noticed when shutting it you push down on the lip spoiler comprising the eye level light so something to be careful with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbmw View Post
Was it the standard or Portfolio spec Helen? If Portfolio how did you enjoy the B&W stereo?

The Portfolio and XKR get 16 way adjustable seats rather than 10 way in the normal car and therefore they might be more comfortable if in standard spec.

The XF S and XFR have 18 way seats including adjustable side bolsters which I found to be very supportive. It would be interesting to here your views if you can sit in one next weekend when borrowing the XKR. You should try the XFR too.

A good day out then. Let us know which Jag forum you join.
Portfolio spec. Jason and only briefly put the radio on as no CD's in the car so didn't get a chance to listen to it tbh.

I played around with the seat settings and yes, many adjustments and easily found a good driving position. I could have kept the car until today but am more interested in the XKR for a play. I found the seats very comfortable over all and well made and good quality leather and stitching. Liked the electrically adjustable steering wheel too!

Lol Jason, I'm not buying one I'm just playing as usual. Steve just happened to talk to one of the guys who is linked to the Jag dealer whilst at the Golf Club and he said give so and so a ring and have a play in the XK and XKR when it comes back in.........be rude not to oblige eh.

When you get yours then?
Appreciate 0