10-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #28
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianBullet View Post
Thanks for the reply. That answers my question much better.

I have to be honest too, I bought the XI thinking it was more like an Audi Quattro etc where the suspension performs well with the "sport" (um, "ultimate driving machine"?!) nature of the car. In reality, the 335XI handles well compared to a Camry but not compared to real sports sedans runnings up to $50k. No way.

The ride is also much too harsh. If KW can make this thing avoid the massive bangs on bumps (bottoming out shocks etc) I fail to understand how BMW engineers could have let this car go out the door as approved for mass consumption by the public.

I need to find and fill out one of those satisfaction surveys to let them know I'm considering Audi etc for the next ride if they can't get it together.
Those earth shattering thumps unfortunately dont go completely away with KW's. If you do not slam your ride or set the rebound too stiff, and shy away from 19 and 20 tires and substitute for non-RFT, then your ride will be next to excellent.

I just raised my ride, where I can get almost one finger between the tire and wheel well on non RFT 18's with default KW settings. Its firm but with no harshness.