07-07-2008, 04:54 PM   #70
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
One significant change that is not shown in the Pshop is that the mirrors will be different. They will be much larger - and probably more squared (pronounce "uglier"), due to American's inablility to understand how to use and adjust them and the new DOT regulations that require them to be the size of a dressing room mirror to compensate.

Oops, too much editorializing? Anyway, the mirrors WILL be different. Also keep in mind that in the U.S. we will now have the fugly bicycle reflector in the front fender. You'll never see that in the marketing photos (because everyone knows how ugly it is).

I'm still on the fence about the cosmetic changes, even though I'm considering a '09 E91. I like the loss of the chrome milk moustache in favor of a proper kidney grill, but I'd have to see those hood ridges in person, or at least better real photos.
the reflector in the bumper looks way nicer. Plus you can get a painted reflector which will make it look 1000000 times better that the ugly orange in my headlight now.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0