View Single Post
      06-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #57
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

K, I got my alignment done @ Limitless Auto and here is a quick review.

- promo right now for $60 + tx (great price)
- it is a bit far (near pickering) for those of us in the west
- the place itself looks like a regular mech shop ... nothing to rave about
- however they use 3D imaging wheel alignment equipment so that's a plus (i think)
- lots of subaru STI guys were there takin adv of the promo
- the guys who work there were professional and courteous

- However the guy took the car for a ride before workin on it. I know he's checking to see how it drives (pulling which way etc) but none of the other alignment shops I've been to ever did that prior to workin on the car. Even the Subaru guys were a lil concerned cuz some trips were like 5 min and others 15 min. Most of them changed their maps to valet maps which option I obviously didn't have on my car. Nway, I'm not sure if this the norm at other alignment shops so I'm not goin to dwell on it. Just assumed they could see whatever is up with the ride once they hooked it up.

- Concern: even though my car was lowered on coilovers w/camber plates they were able to correct most things to OEM specs except for the passenger front. They said either I hit a pothole really bad and wheel might be slightly bent or I need to check the height of the coilvers on both sides and make it even (not sure if this is true cuz the driver's front would be slightly higher most times or when you do corner balancing it won't be even.. anyone know what kind of variation is allowed ... hope it's not the wheels).
- nway they gave me a print of before and after.

Guess overall I''ll give it a 7/10. Still have some reservations about them taking the car for a 10 min drive before working on it. Atleast if they requested the customer join them then it would be less of an issue.

BTW, some of the Subaru guys rave about Level Auto in Scarboro so I might check it out once I get coilovers to even height etc. Has anyone else been there.
Appreciate 0