08-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #26
bigj505
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhayd11 View Post
I just did a pull from the main online car sales here and haven't seen one 07 335i SEDAN with over 50k going for 27... only convertibles.

The high mark sedan for my area (25 miles around DC) is 24k. Yes there is one private seller listing at 28k, but I don't think anyone is going to call him for that one.

As for what I said about thinking of the seller, you spelled it out but disagree for some reason. These folks are here to make a living... and afford their own bimmers. They are not going to be able to do that by buying your car for 500 under the sale market, sell you a another car for 500 hundred over what they paid and still pay for the lot, sales team, service team, and all the other fees it takes to run a business. If you are buying new, they can offer you more on your trade (unless you have haggled out every other option you could) but for a low priced online used car, they have little room to gift you on your trade.

If you want high profit/sales margins... try selling and buying privately.

Just expect A LOT of pain in the ass procedures you never realized a dealer took care of.
Um, i stated that higher mileage 335s are going for the lower 20s so im not sure what your point in stating that you havent found any going for 27K.

and im still not sure how i spelled it out yet disagreed on the seller part. your just telling me that if i go to a dealer, be prepared to get ass raped on the trade in value on my car because the dealer wont give me kbb, nada, or clearbook trade in value. they are going to give me THOUSANDS less than that. makes no sense and ive traded cars before without that bs.
i clearly know the difference between trade in value and suggested retail.

i think you got lost in the numbers because you clearly are not differentiating between trade in value and suggested retail.
Appreciate 0