View Single Post
      03-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #167
dhc905
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I watched that video and doesn't explain my (I think) misfire issues. Now that I have seen it, I'm thinking that maybe some of the rust from the tool I used to measure the gap may have gotten on the spark plug and is causing the issues...any comments?

I followed the instructions for changing the sparkplugs but since I didn't know when the last time they were changed was, I simply pulled two of them out, looked at them and then put them back in.

Now my car has a funny feeling when crawling along (sort of like a gear change, perhaps the sudden loss of power) and then when I was driving up a hill the service engine soon light came on and the car shook (not violently, but noticeably more than typical) and it seemed like I was running in half power.

The only other piece of useful info in this story is that when I pulled the coil out of one of the cylinder banks the very tip of the rubber part came off (about 1/2") which mean that the rubber part only covered the metallic inner part of the coil, not the extra 1/2" that mates with the plug. Think this is a problem? Should I have glued the rubber back onto the coil?

PLEASE HELP! I'm driving down to LA tomorrow (350 miles) and really don't want to kill my car en route.
Appreciate 0