View Single Post
      12-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #10
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

I would like to replace the bulbs for the halo rings in my 2007 E92 335i. I don't know what pre-LCI is, so I don't know if that applies to my car. The original bulbs were either Osram or Philips. I just removed a burned out Philips. I had replaced the Osram from the other side a few months ago with a Sylvania bulb. I don't like the Sylvania. It is too dim.

I know that just about everybody likes a bluer or whiter bulb. I like the original color temperature (what is that? 2700K? 3000K?).

I would replace these bulbs with your amber LEDs, but they may be too yellow for my taste, though I might like that better than what seems to be so popular in bluer lights. What is the color temperature of the Amber LED bulbs?

My thought is that I would like to keep it looking original, but brighter. I would like to go with LED (assuming they are longer-life bulbs than the original conventional bulbs) and will not throw a code for the lights. Conventional bulbs from the dealership are $40 each, and for that rate, I would rather get brighter light.

Here is the Philips bulb that I think was the replacement installed by the dealership a few years ago when the original bulb on that side burned out:
Attached Images