07-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #3
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir87 View Post
Lookin' good!

Could you give a review of how the car handles and how the ride is?
Will do as soon as I get some final tweaks on the coilovers as the Drivers side is experiencing some popping noise on low speed turns (I think the spring is not seated properly) and I need to get the alignment finalized as the suspension settled over the week and threw my alignment off a bit.

But my quick take is:

Reduced body roll over stock ZSP, slightly stiffer than stock (bit more road feel), but the rebound I feel is set just right for street use, car feels great into the turns and composed on the exit of turns. High speed lane changes are great! Very direct and flat. Overall I would say performance is marginally improved over stock (I think the stock suspension is solid), but I got the coilovers more for looks and I wanted to make sure I maintained driveability hence I did not go for just lowering springs, as these kits Do not seem perfectly matched for stock strut valving. Also the whole idea of paying for labor twice to swap out shocks seems silly, when I Can install the coilovers once as the stock struts will wear out more quickly with the lowering springs.

Overall for the price they achieve what I set out to do, improved Stance, maintaining factory ride quality, and slightly improving handling dynamics.
Appreciate 0