11-12-2011, 02:52 AM   #49
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
Now, Chris Harris is going to tell Ferrari how to run their business. What makes Ferrari succesfull is bc they're control freaks and that's pretty much in every area of their operation. It's like every Tom, Dick and Harry on the forums telling BMW how to design their cars. You know how good they are,first thay hated the E92,F10 before they lined up to order em.
Who relies on car magazines to determine what car they should buy anyway?

Tell Chris Harris to get over it.
An very interesting counter point that has some truth for sure.

I used to tell this story about a very talented programmer I worked with. When confronted about a bug or potential bug, almost reflexively and somewhat arrogantly he would immediately say "No, nope, not possible". He was right more often than wrong and even when wrong, and even when it seemed a monumental task, he would have the bug fixed that same day. We all hoped he could be a but less abrasive but upon further reflection I realized that if he did not have these somewhat negative traits he probably wouldn't be half the programmer he was in the first place. They good and bad were pretty well tied together.

However, that being said, there is clearly a line between being control freaks about your product, history, legacy, engineering, manufacturing, quality, testing, marketing, etc., etc. and doing what Ferrari are doing here. They are cheating and attempting to control an audiences ability to have access to unbiased journalism. It is definitely crossing the line.

Would their products be as good if they did not have these particular behaviors? Open question in my humble opinion. I am leaning towards a yes though.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0