View Single Post
      01-09-2010, 02:42 AM   #1
jam0321
I do screenprinting and embroiderry
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

sure glad I decided to get the CARFAX...

So I was in the market all last month for a used commuter car, mainly a civic or integra (gas mileage reasons) and came extremely close to pulling the trigger on a few of them. It just so happened that each time I was ready to buy, something came up.

Finally, I thought I found the best one. I'm your typical backyard mechanic so I did the usual inspection stuff- compression test, visual check for leaks and frame damage, etc. My wife suggested I get the carfax report to make sure it was otherwise legit. was I surprised when I found out the odometer was rolled back!

After that, I ran a report on each car I was pondering and wouldn't you know it, each had something that the owner was hiding or didn't know about from the previous owner.

CARFAX seriously saved my so many times from major accidents, odometer rollbacks, or salvaged vehicles. Definitely worth the 30 unlimited reports I paid for.

Now I've made my purchase with a week left on my carfax privileges.

Anyone buying a used car should definitely invest the $ although I don't think they offer the unlimited reports anymore

www.specopsoutfitters.com
Appreciate 0