View Single Post
      04-01-2013, 04:20 AM   #1
ade146
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d sport auto

330d MAF puzzle max of 200g/s. Why?

Hello all Im trying to solve a puzzle with my car which may be cheaper or quicker with help from the forum.

Car is 05 73k mapped and owned for 18months. History is after 6months dpf blocking even after long trips. In the end I removed it and car was smokey but drove well. I have diagnostics but couldnt really solve the soot issue and around this time I reset MAF adaptations which seemed to reduce soot slightly. Car shortly afterwards was mapped and I asked them to adjust smoke map. Problem now solved car is quick and not smoky.

Problem I have just noticed from graphing MAF that it hits a hard limit of 200g/s. This equates to approx 225hp. I only noticed after graphing MAF as it hits a platform of 200 after 2000rpm. It could be it is hitting the max 5v of the sensor or there is a 200g/s limit set somewhere or it really can only suck that amount of air. Car has no issues and feels quite fast. What sort of numbers are others seeing? Anyone know if it is using map or maf on high boost? I do know at idle it pulls 16g/s or so which is similar to my mates 335. His pulls over 300g/s but he does have a new style MAF.

I dont want to just buy a MAF for the sake of it as generally the numbers look ok until its on max boost.

Thanks
Appreciate 0