View Single Post
      04-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #32
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Great pics!!!

Ok, so when I first got into dFans beast I completely expected a roll-free road hugging super3, t I was not at all expecting it to ride more comfortably and fluidly than my stock msport ride.

DFan and I have the same winter tires on our cars and I drove on the same terrible Rockville roads in both cars. Body roll was next to nil and the car felt much more planted. On acceleration and deceleration, there was significantly less front-to-rear rock, and the floaty feeling on acceleration was completely gone. On acceleration around a bend, TC kicks in much later than with my non-LSD ride. The car communicates traction and road surface very clearly.

What shocked me is that it does all this and it SIGNIFICANTLY more comfortable than my stock 335d. The same potholes and uneven road surfaces that made me wince and cringe before/after hitting them were silky smooth in dFans ride. The system as a whole is somehow more communicative and more comfortable than stock...simply amazing.

...Only problem is that I've already been to two speed shops since the ride...and so the conversion begins...

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
Appreciate 0