View Single Post
      06-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #20
ajm8127
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by toicy4ya View Post
I recently received and installed the daeos/vista angel eye harness for my BMW E90. Everything appears to be working perfectly except, I notice when I shut off the car, close the door and arm the alarm, the angel eyes now stay on for a while before shutting off. That isn't such a big issue, however at the mall today I parked the car at the indoor garage, I shut it off, close the door and armed the alarm and the angel eyes stood on for several minutes. I got tired of waiting for the lights to go out so I got back in the car, turned it on and back off again and eventually they shut off. Why does it do this?
The wire they are tapping for power inside the DME enclosure must have power for some time after the car is shut down. Probably until the DME goes to sleep. It is probably not a big deal, unless you really are annoyed by the AEs being on after you shut off the car. If you are that annoyed, you will have to find a different wire to power the AE harness that only has power while the ignition is on.
Appreciate 0