View Single Post
      07-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman619 View Post
I went with Centric High Carbon rotors f/r and Stoptech Pads fr/r. The pads were great. Bite was great but you needed more modulation. Where as OEM was grabby, not that it's bad. After 2 months, the Front rotor warped/or had build up. I rebedded the pads 3 times and it still shook. So I fnally replaced the fron rotors with Zimmerman Zcoated in May...and no warping. I also replaced the pads all the way around with Textar OEM pads, it dusts more and squeals a little, but it stops harder and more consistent than the Stoptech pads. I drive very hard, and It seems the Stoptech pads needed more modulation after they got hot, where as the Textar OEM didn't seem to need as much modulation and kept that BMW bite. As for the Zimmerman Zcoat rotors, they haven't warped in more than 2 months of hard driving. I reported my issues with the Centric Rotors with Tire Rack, where I purchased them, and they basically told me I was out of luck. I couldn't believe it, but I guess you get what you pay for...ie. Chinese made products vs. German made products.

Disagree with the centric rotors...

...funny how people think Chinese stuff is crap but then want the latest computers and tech from there...

But I have the answer to your problem. The stoptech pads aren't "hard" enough, and much softer than oem... This means that if you get any buildup on the rotors, the soft stoptech pads are not "scrubbing" off the deposits... Doubt the actual rotor was warped....

Maybe all that is nonsense, but the oem Textar pads are where it's at. But bite me decent street use. Not suitable for track use, but I don't track my car.

Be interested to see your results if you went with your old "warped" centric rotors with those new pads....