View Single Post
      01-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

A bad or weak battery can cause all kinds of mysteries to these cars as I am learning myself.
I had a battery put in last Feb. 6 months later it was showing signs of weakness. At times my back windows would not roll back up, no noise no nothing. After driving a while as I kept trying, they finally would go up. So I stopped rolling them down. Long story short, the cold blast in the North East this past couple of weeks had this car slowww cranking on cold starts. It had been weak starts for a while and after it was warm it would be fine. Cold start issues only.
I brought it back to my Indy and they tested the battery, starter, and alternator. They determined the battery was running at half capacity and threw a new one in.
I noticed the car runs better, shifts smoother, more responsive, headlights appear to be brighter. It is weird but shit happens. I have it now on a trickle charge to be positive it's 100% charged. if this dies again, then I have to look for a constant drain. Hopefully not.
I would insist you get a new battery, it can't hurt
Appreciate 0