Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Technical: Supplemental Port Injection

So with the VTTS3 on the horizon, we can once again see our fueling limits. With turbo options and boost capabilities beyond the capacity of our fuel system we can sit here and wait for the unicorn HPFP upgrade that never seems to appear or find our own solutions. From my chair, I see two options:

1) Wait for ProEFI, pony up for the Standalone + Custom Intake Manifold

2) Fabricate a TB Spacer and/or custom CP with a single Supplemental Batch Fire injector controlled by a piggy.

I'm personally leaning toward option #2 in terms of wide spread adoption. Our DME is smart enough to compensate for the lack of extreme precision batchfire through a piggyback would provide and reduces the overall cost of getting more REAL fuel into the combustion chamber.

I personally have brought this up and @shiv@vishnu and co and he has mentioned that this is possible however I feel that there is another agenda there blocking this option. It is not the best option but its a solution to a huge problem holding this platform back. If he were to change his mind and provide a product then I would be surprised.

So at this point I think I'm going to challenge Terry@BMS and ask, are you capable of introducing this injector? It would show the true flexibility of a piggyback I think we just need to do it already. Comments?

UPDATE: A reputable shop in the Van Nuys area has offered to make a spacer for us to test if he can get a mule car!

Quote:
If I can get a car I can make the tb spacer with two additional injectors for someone to test. This is how we did it on the supercharged Aston vantages we tuned. It worked very well.

Also, if the piggy tuners won't step up and offer this, then here is a controller that will do the job and have made contact with an individual who has used this controller before and says it will work. We may need an external boost sensor as an addon:

http://www.034motorsport.com/supplem...-ecu-a-32.html

Quote:
Operating Temperature -40 to +85° C
Battery Voltage Range +6.0 to +20 VDC continuous
Current Consumption 0.05 - 16 Amperes [@ 100% duty cycle]
Injector impedance 1.0-1.4, 2.0-4.0 and 12+ ohms
Maximum RPM 16,000
Injection Timing Resolution 1 microsecond to 65.535 millisecond [16 bits]
Communications High Speed RS-232 with STD 9 pin D interface
Packaging Extruded aluminum casing [4.0 L, 2.0 W, 2.0H]
Programming/Tuning VIA WIN95/WIN98 and RS-232 port
Engine Support: Phased
Manifold Pressure: 2.5 Bar/ATM [Provided in enclosure] up to 265 Kpa or 2.65 Bar Absolute.
Trigger Modes: Hall Effect Sensor (5 window factory or cam gear equipped), or ignition trigger output. 0-5 volt signal or low current 12v signal, negative coil high current trigger will damage IC and is not covered under warranty.See SIC Virtual Dashboard

Supplementary ECU FEATURES:

32 Bit Graphical Programming Package:
To ensure that programming and tuning of the Supplementary ECU is as simple and pain free as possible, it has been developed as a software package that runs under 32-bit Windows programming that is both intuitive and packed full of features that power users want and need for flexibility. Each unit comes with programming software, which allows full monitoring of all sensory inputs, and allows full tuning capabilities.3 Dimensional 8 X 16 matrix Fuel Mapping:
16RPM (X axis) points by 8 Manifold pressure (Y axis) forming an 8 X 16 matrix (128 points) allows very detailed programming of the fuel curve. The engine specific behavior can be adjusted as required to accommodate poor volumetric efficiency due to cam overlap, engine resonance, or other engine specific issues that can be attributed to a specific manifold pressure/RPM range. Many engines require little or no adjustment of the mapping parameters, while modified, high compression, or heavily cammed engines may need some work in the mapping, particularly at lower RPMs where manifold vacuum is poor or unstable.
Appreciate 0