View Single Post
      11-09-2011, 08:37 AM   #20
Subzero2003
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Sub Zero you really are making an a**e of yourself.
Thanks for the insult. You're obviously not bright enough to respond to my points properly, so just turned to insults. Why did you bother replying again?

At least i back up my opinions with fact and actually question things unlike half the sheep who buy winter tyres because some random guy on a forum said that they are the best thing ever.

Quote:
Your post contradicts itself as you talk of only ever once needing winter tyres but then also say you don't drive or take a taxi ...... so which is it?
How is that a contradiction? I've said that i've only ever felt i could do with winter tyres once before. But for those who couldn't drive for those 3-4 days last year and your journey is essential, take a taxi?

Quote:
Some may not have the luxury of deciding to just not drive on a snowy day as we need to get to work and others may live too rural for a taxi to be practical.
That's what i was talking about in my last post - for those who need to travel on those few days of snow, get a taxi. I need to get to work and live in a very rural location - i've never had a problem getting a taxi. Nor have i ever heard of anyone else at that?

Quote:
Can't you just accept others can afford the outlay and feel its worthwhile, you clearly do not fit into either of these groups and have tried but failed to make your point.
No, because part of the problem with actually having the brain is "not just accepting something because someone on a forum once made up that winter tyres are essential and anyone without them is an idiot and is going to die and kill everyone at the same time".

I haven't failed to make a point actually. In my previous post i made many many points which i'd like to invite people to discuss.

Quote:
Leave others now to discuss what the OP has asked.
No thanks - i think i'll continue discussing winter tyres in a thread about....winter tyres.

Quote:
ps. Hopefully you don't get stuck in your summer tyres and block the roads for the rest of us who have prepared for the conditions as much as possible.
P.s. i hope you don't plow into the back of anyone on one of the many many non snowy days because you have winter tyres and takes you another 7-10metres to stop in the wet.

I won't be driving in the 3 days of snow we will get, but i'm guessing you'll be driving in the 100 days of wet roads we'll get.

Question: Why are you paying so much just so you can get around in 3-4 days of snow?
Appreciate 0