Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paapaa View Post
Thanks for the info. I will keep in mind the dp fix.
http://burgertuning.com/dpfix.html

says "The JB4 tuning system includes this functionality built in so a DPFIX is not required if you are already running a JB4 Performance Tuner!"

so if i understand correctly, with JB4 no need for the add on-wires..or the wires are allready in the JB4.
Yes and no.

As I said, the JB4 suppresses the CEL that you would normally get when running catless DPs. However, what it doesn't do, is putting the engine management in OBD-ready status. If you don't have that status, you will not pass an OBD emissions test, as it means the engine management is not ready but is still adapting to its sensor inputs. Which it permanently does with the JB4.

If you want to achieve the OBD-ready status, you will need to install the DPfix in addition to the JB4.

Or if you want to avoid all that hassle, get a COBB Access Port - for the stage 2 maps (for which catless DPs are necessary) the catalyst fault codes are removed in the DME itself, so you don't need to add any wires at all.

Alpina_B3_Lux