View Single Post
      05-15-2017, 11:16 AM   #1862
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

I have not actually used the Blackfire Crystal Coating, however based on your description of your process, the one thing that immediately jumps out at me is your use of Klasse AIO for polishing.

KAIO is meant to leave it's own durable layer of protection on the paint (hence the term "all in one" which means it will polish and protect the finish). This is absolutely not the type of product you want to use before a coating because the surface of the paint needs to be perfectly bare. Free of any waxes, sealants, or polishing oils. If the surface is not completely bare, we have experienced difficulties applying coatings.

Unfortunately you will basically need to start over to make sure your coating works as it should. This means the car should be properly washed and dried. I doubt there are any bonded contaminates on the vehicle if you had properly decontaminated it recently, so you can probably skip the clay bar. You should then machine polish the entire vehicle with a traditional polish like Meguiar's M205. If you need something more aggressive to remove any streaks or defects, then consider a medium polish like Griot's Garage Correcting Cream or a cutting compound like Griot's Garage Fast Correcting Cream.

Once the entire vehicle has been properly machine polished, wipe the entire vehicle with CarPro Eraser on a clean, plush microfiber towel. Apply a liberal amount of Eraser to one panel of the vehicle, and use your towel to "Wash" the panel. Use another clean towel to buff to a streak free finish. Work your way around the car until you are certain the paint is perfectly clean and ready for coating. Now apply your coating. Do not over apply. You want a thin, even layer of product.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Zach
Appreciate 0