09-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
hiter202
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Malfunction Message - Please Help :(

Hey guys, I have a bit of a problem.

I have a JB4 but I mostly drive with it off due to the fact that I hate the Intake sound of my Injen, but anyways..

I was driving today to work, after about an hour drive, I almost get to work, 5 mins away and all of a sudden I get a message that comes on the screen

Engine malfunction! Reduced Power
Engine malfunction
Engine operating at reduced output. Possible to continue. Drive with caution. Have the system checked by the nearest BMW center.

Now as I stated before. the JB4 was off. I turned it off this morning after driving 5 mins from my house, so it was off for about an hour drive give or take, and then this comes on. I do not believe that I've gotten this message before, so I am quite worried what this can be.

When I got to work and parked, I turned on the JB4 and it cleared the message, but what I am worried about is why it came on in the first place. Usually I just get SRS light that comes on my dash after driving for 50 miles or so, so I turn on the JB4 and turn it right back off and it clears that, but this message is a first for me.

Can someone please shed some light on this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0