carl_d
General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M-Sport N55 6SP Nov10

Just had two rear Bridgestones fitted by http://www.etyres.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcoll
Has anyone else in the UK had difficulty getting replacement runflats and finding someone that'll fit them?

I recently had to replace one of my Pirelli Euforia 225/45 R17 runflats due to a serious puncture but it wasn't easy to get hold of one.

I contacted all the large tyre fitting centres within 50 miles of where I live but no one stocked that particular tyre or any runflat in that size and in each case I was told it would take between 5 and 10 days to get one. What really surprised me was that none of the retailers I contacted were prepared to fit runflats either because they claimed they did not have the necessary equipment needed to remove or fit runflats or because they were worried that they might damage my alloy wheel!

After scouring the Web, I came across EventTyres who gave me a very reasonable online quote for the tyre I needed and followed up the quote with a phone call to me 10 minutes later to confirm my requirements. Their mobile fitter came to my place of work 2 days later and replaced the tyre in 20 minutes!

I was very impressed with their service but very unimpressed with the fact that the major tyre retailers in the UK haven't woken up to the fact that there are lots of BMWs with runflats out there!

Come on BMW..........give them a prod..............I can't be off the road waiting for a new tyre! :mad:

PS: I'm driving down to the French Grand Prix in July...........does anyone know if runflats are easier to get hold of in France (just in case I need to get a replacement over there)?
Appreciate 0