06-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #71
roozie2001
Just some guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 White 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkm3 View Post
My source?How bout 4 cars running flash tunes,2 b5 s4s running off the shelf giac tunes,My brother and cousin have both been running a giac flash for a few years now,got the flash and that was it.No retunes,no forums,NO PROBLEMS WITH THERE TUNES.

See I emailed giac the second week the 335i came out and was very interested in there flash,they told me they were doing a few other projects and would get to it eventually.

Some more sources for you,I have been running the shark injector on my m3 for 8 fucking years without a single problem with the tune,you know whyyyyyy,because jim C didnt go over board and go for the most power and made a safe reliable off the shelf tune,Ohhh and my dinan tune on my DD has been on the car for about 6 years now and still running fine,never once have I had a problem.

You do know that turner motorsports has a flash for the 335 right?Its been the same flash for almost a year,they did the r&d and made a tune that they can sell to the masses witch is called an off the shelf tune,its made to work perfect and work on every car with minimal mods.

There is no demand for new maps bro,they drove the car hard,made a tune and drove it hard,if there was more power to be made they would give it to you.they wont play the tune games like the jb3 and procede,see even AA left these forums,they made a tune,tweaked it,then left it solid and said that its,heres our tune,thats what you get.

Im not hating on giac,I was responding to the guy that said the ecu tuning was limited to 14psi,its not,that is where the safe limits start to get into trouble.

Heres a little real world story for you because I have been there and done that,my friend made 508whp with his 35r evo,on pump....It was basically a max dyno run,kid drove it around even tho he knew it was knocking a little and bam,the other night fucked the thing up big time.

the stock turbos are good for 15psi if you want them to last,I dont care what tune you run,do what ever you want its your car.

You sound like a perfect person for the shark edit,start flashing people cars to run 19-20psi on race and meth and see how many turbos start to whine after a few months.

JimC's shark tune for the 335 is a fail. Its lame. Theres people on this forum that have been running JB1,2,3s or Vishnu for over 50k miles without a hiccup. Go do some research and you'll find that lately people have been having more problems with Dinan's $2k flash than they have with the two leading piggys on the market and on top of that the money that Dinan said was for their warranty work is being denied. Your prior experience with GIAC is appreciated but it doesnt mean S**t when it comes to the 335. Its not an VW/audi/porsche. Its a twin turbo bmw with a completely different DME. NOT doubting GIACs quality. Im just not jumping on anyones bandwagon til i see results. and last where the hell are u getting 20psi from. If you've been doing any reading and research both Vishnu and Burger are decreasing boost while increasing power. So far piggy is the ONLY good way to go for the 335. You make it seem like a theres been hundreds of turbos that have blown on this forum. Out of the many thousands of piggies sold between all these companies i bet you less than 1% have had any type of turbo failure. I'll take those percentages all day long. Again im not bashing GIAC i think theyre a great company. Im just defending piggys.