View Single Post
      06-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #12
dvn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 C63 Coupe

The sale of my 335i already went through. We originally agreed on the $500 trade-in fee and a price of $1400 over invoice when I order an M3 (July 25th). As long as you complete both transactions in the same calendar year, you will get the trade-in tax break.

I met the buyer at the dealership and waited around for an hour. Right before I went to go sign for the sale of my car the client advisor says "So my manager and I had a miscommunication and we will not be able to do the trade-in for $500 over but we will sell you the M3 for $900 over invoice instead of $1400." I agreed at the time but I told him on the spot that changing the deal at the last moment was deceptive, etc. He wouldn't even look me in the eye.

I sold the car for $31,300 (minus the $1000) and my tax rate is 9.8% so I would avoid paying $2920.40 on tax when I order my new car which is a pretty significant amount.

Anyway, I sent an email to my client adviser this morning letting him know how my experience just went from being positive to negative and that I probably won't rate him very well when it comes time to it; suggesting that he find some way to fix the problem. If, for some reason, they decide not to honor the sale agreement then I'll definitely be looking at small claims for at the very least. I guess only time will tell.
Appreciate 0