09-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
bmwak
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i M-Sport Gran Coupe

Creaking noise from suspension on E92

Hi all,

I noticed that my E92 made a creaking/squishy noise when going over those small rubber speed humps in supermarket car parks and the likes. I thought nothing of it until it became more apparent on certain bumpy roads and standard speed humps.

I was a bit miffed by it as my car doesn't get used much and has only just hit 12,000 miles. However, I had a identical noise before in one of my old cars and it turned out to be anti-roll bar bushes.

I took it into my dealer, demonstrated the problem and they confirmed it was these bushes and replaced them under new car warranty. The noise went away and I was happy; until two days later it returned. It is now even louder and you can hear the creaking/squishy noise when driving over even the tiniest of bumps on the road.

I do trust my dealer and you can usually see these bushes under the bonnet. I can see that they are brand new, so not sure what else might cause this. It can't be the strut or shock absorber as its definetely a bush related noise.

Has anyone else had this noise on theres? if so what did they have replaced if it cured it?

Appreciate if someone can help. Luckily mines under warranty but I don't want too much of the original factory suspension components disturbed if possible.
Appreciate 0