View Single Post
      07-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #51
bobloblaw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB7 View Post
2nd. You can eat 1,000 calories a day and not end up in the hospital. Its not about how much of calories you eat, but where those calories come from. Veggies have calories, and vegans live on a very low calorie diet, yet none of them ever went to a hospital because of low calorie consumption. You will lose weight if you consume low amount of calories, but you would have to end at 100lb or less to end up in the hospital.

Many people switch to a strict vegan diet for a month or more to lose a lot of weight safely while remaining healthy and become healthier in the process of doing so.

Simple question for you. Why do fat people stay fat even if they drink 0 calorie sodas??
I don't even know where to start. Cals in vs cals out. Just because fat people drink diet soda doesn't mean they're not gorging themselves later on. They're fat because they eat at a caloric surplus. It's thermodynamics. They are eating above maintenance. Also, 1000 calories is 1000 calories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
Thank you for rephrasing, that is so much better....

People stay FAT because they're in a fucking caloric surplus. I don't know what dumbass point you are trying to prove here.

They drink diet soda and skip the 120 calories from regular soda...

You're so lost on the topic of nutrition, it's rather sad. You also lack basic logic to realize calories in calories out.

Now I have a question for you.

Both of these people are looking to lose 1lb/wk. You do that from a deficit of 3500 calories a week.

Person A:

I eat 2500 calories in a day. I burn 3000 calories in a day, everyday. 500 calorie deficit.

As a baseline I hit 80/xx/180 - F/C/P. My diet is only Chicken, Olive Oil, and Brown rice.

Person B:

I eat 2500 calories in a day. I burn 3000 calories in a day, everyday. 500 calorie deficit.

As a baseline I hit 80/xx/180 - F/C/P. My diet is a mix of whole foods. I eat deli meat, steak, eggs, sweet potatoes, peanut butter, and homemade ice cream.

Question: Is there going to be a difference who loses weight faster?
Eating 2500 cals and burning 3000 cals is not a 500 calorie deficit. That's just netting 500 calories, which for me would be a 2000 calorie deficit
Appreciate 0