05-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #37
FourPtDrift
This is my unique custom title
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5C, '20 F83 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluFelgen View Post
Looks STUNNING Daniel. Voted for Car of the Month. Very selective choice of components. They all complement the vehicle very well. Happy to see the SF-71s clearing the monstrous Brembo BBK.
Thanks! Question... how does one get to "vote" for "car of the month?"

The fitment on the SF-71's is perfect... very happy with how it came together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban335i View Post
he's talking about the hood..

and i think the kersher splitter doesn't look that great.. you have a carbon fiber splitter on top of a carbon fiber splitters... a little redundant, no? I do love the bbk however.. but with that kind of money invested in brakes, i would have gotten some nicer wheels..
Ahhh.... the CF hood? I don't know about that. I kinda like my silver car. I've even seen comments to those with the CF hoods that they'll be done when they get their hood painted.

I realize I've completely blown past the "wolf in sheep's clothing" look and no longer pass as a sleeper - but a CF hood just seems a bit too loud for my taste.

BUT then again... I once said the same thing about CF elements in general... so we'll see.

As for the splitter tips and the splitter board... they are not redundant and they serve different functions. The M-Sport bumper curves up at the leading edge in the middle an ultimately this is a lift issue. The splitter board does break laminar air flow to the leading edge of the front of the M-Sport bumper and effectively improves front end stability - even if I get 50 pounds of force out of it... it helps - and its properly bolted through and through to support the stress.

As for the rims - ok, they're not your taste, but I do like them. As for caliber of product, I think for the price point they're at, they're excellent. My last car was running on Morr VS7's and I was part of the original design group and group buy on the initial launch of the VS7. And ever since I've been a staunch supporter of Carlos Mora and his product. I think he's fantastic and I think his product is great. The SF-71 is not intended to be on par with the VS7. It is however, an excellent product in its segment and I'm enjoying them for now - and when Carlos releases a successor to the VS7 later this year, I will be sporting those as well. (As to why I'm not running my old VS7's, I had to help a friend out who had a 1 damaged VS7, gave him one of mine... and then opted to try something new for a short time with my new car).

Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
Hot car but you goofed not getting the active steering!
Ummm... why do you say that? It wasn't a goof... it was intentional. The last thing I want on the track is an electronic system managing my steering input.

-Daniel

2021 F90 Comp LCI Frozen Marina Bay Blue/Aragon Brown Full Merino
2020 F83 Comp LCI Porsche Chalk/Black Full Merino
2018 F82 Comp LCI Mineral White/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
2017 F83 Comp Black Saphhire/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
Appreciate 0