10-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #8
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr hungry View Post
http://www.freshpatents.com/Ceramic-...0060285972.php

That should clear it up for you. Ceramics aren't just for heat rejection. We use coatings similar to the one in the link on LOTS of things at work.

Edit...you should really know this sort of stuff if you're going to be "upgrading" and selling turbos Tony. Just food for thought.
Hmmmm. Slightly confused by this post, no where did I say I thought ceramics were only for heat rejection, nor would I suggest such a thing, as the uses of ceramics are many and heat rejection being only one of them. My post stated and quite correctly, reducing wheel to housing tolerance in JB turbos, using ceramics, leaving a closer tolerance while machining, you name it, are all good ways to induce wheel to housing contact as JB turbos have a pre determined amount of tolerance built into them due to the free float design of the bearing. Once you get any sort of turbo wear this tolerance only increases, thus increasing the chance for contact if tighter tolerances are introduced. Pretty basic turbocharger theory really.

Edit... You really should read a post more carefully before letting everyone know how smart you are, yet couldn't quite grasp what I was getting at. Food for thought.

Ps, I read your link and since we service many types of turbines here not just automotive, we know of this technology. It is not feasible for turbos in the price range you play in, nor would it do anything to increase power on these engines, we have PLENTY of air flow, we do not have enough exhaust flow, again very simple turbo theory that has been discussed at length, yet you cant understand it. Happy Friday
Appreciate 2