05-08-2009, 01:13 AM   #234
jaaE90
Rockin' & Rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 535i & '95 318ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by longodj View Post
It's pretty simple. Go through this thread I think two pages back I document the few complications I ran into. The yellow bushings go around the bar near the center. MAKE SURE YOU GREASE THESE HEAVILY! You just pop off the under tray, unbolt the bushing retainers, unbolt the endlinks, pop the old bar off and reverse the process. There's a DIY somewhere on this site for the i...
I lifted the car, checked it out and then came back to find your post. Thanks! Your post was all I needed to get the job done. There were a few hoses mounted in the way of the stock sway bar coming out that I had to dismount, but it wasn't tough.

Thanks again for your post, it's all I needed. I popped off the undertray, unbolted the bushing retainers, unbolted the endlinks, unmounted the hoses to get the stock bar off, then put the UUS front sway bar on, and reversed the rest.

Oh, the yellow bushings go on the outside of the horizontal part of the bar (shoot, I didn't think to take any pictures).

Now I'm going out of state for 4 days tomorrow morning... I don't even get a chance to drive it around until next week. I will be attending a car control clinic (local BMWCCA chapter) on Sunday the 17th.... should be fun.

Again, thank you!

*1995 318ti Clubsport - Hellrot Red
Appreciate 0