View Single Post
      08-11-2010, 04:48 PM   #128
dpcc
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d M Sport

I have a problem! I have replaced my rear pads when they were low but had NOT touched or damaged the sensor.

My service display showed 2,500 miles to Rear Brake Pads Needed.

I have refitted the old sensor to the new pads as it has not been touched or in contact with the brake disc.

I tried the above procedure to reset my brake service to full mileage, after the clock rotated next to the word reset, instead of a new mileage appearing, my display now shows ______ miles, and my Parking brake red light came on permanently and will not go off. The car now demands service immediately, brake pads need replacing.

I thought maybe it was because I hadn't changed the sensor therefore the circuit was never broken so maybe the car didn't know the pads had been changed, so this morning I disconnected the sensor for a couple of mins and then reconnected, still no change, every reset on rear brake pads shows the clock spinning and then returns to _____ miles with warning lights still on.

Am I missing something or is this going to mean a dealer visit for a reset? All help appreciated!!!

Dave
Appreciate 0