Thread: Longevity
View Single Post
      08-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #25
newbieman78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

sorry guys...i like to drive the hell out of my car. I beat it to the max every time I drive it. Baby my car?? What the hell did I buy it for? I could have bought something else real fancy to cruise around in. I bought this car to mod it and have fun driving it around like a maniac to see what I can get out of it for as long as I can get it. When it dies, it dies. I can take it to the shop and fix whatever is broken. Warranty?? Who cares. I've had 6 cars before and never had to ever use the warranty. I wonder why I even pay for warranty crap. Its a joke. If you are worried about warranty just take your car to an independent shop that works on BMW's...its even cheaper.

I don't understand some of you guys who want to buy a sports car and want to mod it but never go over 60mph. Then you come on to the forum and ask how you can further baby your sports car. Then you continue to pay monthly for the car and brag about driving it 4000 miles a year?? hahaha. Hope you are getting your money's worth.

You know how to increase the longevity of your car??? I'll tell you. Cover it up in the garage. Then go check up on it every ten years to see if its still there. Personally I take the long route to work cause it gives me pleasure to drive my car and push it daily.

After all, who really cares about their engine reaching 200,000 miles? I don't. After I get tired of the car in a couple of years, i'll trade it in for something newer. Don't you people generally get tired of the same car after 3 years and change it? How many miles do you put on it in 3 years..maybe 20K-40K? Will your engine last that long even if you beat your car daily...HELLZ yes it will, so then whats the problem....Trade your car after 3 years for the newer model and continue to beat it up and ENJOY YOUR LIFE. Thats why we are BIMMA owners cause we love it and have fun driving these cars to the max.

I know what the problems is...Moneyyyy..people scared of something braking and them having to put up a few bucks to fix it....well thats the price of freedom and not worrying about waranty crap. Suck it up and forget about longevity and forget about babying your car...its a BMW damn it

This is not directed toward any one individual. I am just ranting because my TV show got cancelled and I have nothing better to do right now. Peace out