05-13-2012, 04:30 AM   #23
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shata View Post
Everyone has their own opinion on stuff I personally believe waiting 100k for plugs is bad idea. Mine was at 97k and as acting little wierd at idle and on gas from 1st gear. It ended up being worn out plugs - I would highly recommend doing plugs every 60k only because I think bmw says 100k to put stress on coils so you have to go to dealer to order new ones.
Ill definitely look it over, what needs to be replaced when you open the engine for the plugs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shata View Post
Plugs go to autozone and get NGK Iriduim XI plugs (one ground prong). I Tried Bosch Plat +4's and mine ran like garbage, besides NGK is OEM for bmws.
Ill look for those, btw how much are they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tari View Post
Changing tranny fluid has caused many BMWs to have tranny failures. I'd leave it alone if I was you since its lifetime.
I hear that lifetime means 100k, I drive my car hard so id at least want to check on it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
This is because most people only get around to changing the "lifetime" fluid after they've started to notice transmission problems already. It's already on it's last legs and then when it lets go people like to blame the fluid change.

A full pan drop and filter replacement should be part of everyone's maintenance routine. Don't wait too long.
What would I need to drop the pan for? Is there something located in there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by avocet View Post
give this a look over. i would only do things like brake pads/rotors if they are worn.

http://www.bavauto.com/Assets/inst_pages/e90mc.pdf
Any advice when replacing rotors? I need to do this as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUiKSR20 View Post
Or drive a manual like a BMW should be driven and dont worry about the crappy AUTO Sorry I had too, A manual is so much more enjoyable on a " DRIVERS CAR "
this is why I have a manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
Belts there is only one.
My Indy says not to change it till there are signs of cracks.
One of the perks of having a BMW is the timing chain.
Its suppose to never need changing and the only instance
of breakage I have seen reported here is during extreme abuse.
That's one of the more expensive maintenance procedures on
other cars.
If you have a manual change the fluid to redline D6 it will really
smooth out the shifts.
What would be considered extreme abuse? And I noticed my beklts are still in perfect condition. Where could I get redline at?
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0