View Single Post
      09-06-2005, 07:55 PM   #1
greenscape
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 330I

Getting rid of my Runflats I think

I have asked around a bit on this subject and have gotten very little feedback. I now have 1100 miles on my non sport 330. I like the car in almost every respect(compared to my 97 E39) except the tires. I find this car to be a bit of a wanderer on uneven roads. I think the term is tramlining and my car does it very well. I think its not only unacceptable but I think its primarily because of the tires. Mine has Bridgestone EL42's and they are horribe. Not just in my opinion, but go to Tirerack and look at the reviews. Its a horrible tire in almost every category. And guess what... the other runflat available in that size(I beleive there are only 2 in the 225/45/17 size) is the Pirelli Euforia.. And you guessed it, Its ratings are worse.. I think its a little insane that I bought a 42K car and the manufacturer expects me to have 2 tire choices..

So heres what I did,,
I called Bridgestone directly who put me in contact with my local distributor who put me in touch with another local Distributor. I explained my unhappiness with the Tire.. Guess what, he said he'll get me new tires just tell him what I want and they have to be Brigestone or Firestones.. Just like that..

Talked with a Tirerack guy on Friday, he says they have 3 E90's they are testing and none have Runflats on them. He says this car being designed for Runflats is just absolute nonsense. He says the car may have been designed in consideration of them but not for them. Also heard that theEuropean cars do not have runflats ?? Anyone know ?

So tomorrow I will be having a discussion with my dealer about Changing them and buying the Slime Repair kit.. Your comments would be appreciated.. I can't be the first to do this can I?
Appreciate 0