Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertt View Post
This did it for me. Amazing how much easier things are when you have the right tools.

I did a total of two rotations and still have a very slight rattle. I will do another half rotation tomorrow and see if that completely eliminates it.

Mr. 5, it has been a few years since you posted this. How many times have you had to adjust this rod? Would you say this is a pretty solid solution or would you recommend that this get fixed at the dealer if warranty is still intact?
I'm glad you are happy.
I did it twice, but on 2 sets of turbos.
I did it on my first set and then my wastegate kept sticking so the dealer replaced my turbos.
The day after my second set of turbos were installed, the rear wastegate started to make the sound so I did it again.
That was about 60k miles ago and haven't touched it since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335si View Post
I tried this method and it didn't work for me. I took my car into the dealer 3 times.

1st time had the software and then new wastegate actuators replaced.

2nd time they couldn't replicate the rattle. Replaced clutch and driver side muffler though

3rd time...which is basically the 2nd time as when i picked my car up it immediately started rattling. I ran inside and they told me that they would replace my turbos and that they didn't hear the rattle when they had the car. Should be picking the car up today....

So...I would definitely take it in if it is rattling, but make sure you start the car for them and let them hear it. Otherwise, they will claim they couldn't hear the rattle.

I'm sorry it didn't work for you but I will guarantee you that the front wastegate is ticking and not the rear. If it were the rear then you would have fixed it. This adjustment really is a solution for the rear turbo.
I wish I had a solution for the front turbo but it's almost impossible to get to without dropping the engine and taking the turbo off of the car.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0