View Single Post
      06-10-2006, 12:58 PM   #1
cfahey
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i/2003 330i

Problems in Memphis TN

I recently purchased a 2006 BMW 330i thru Roadshow BMW (my third purchase from there within the last 18 months). I scheduled a European Delivery. When I ordered the car, I also paid for a OEM spoiler. Unfortunately, the spoiler is dealer installed.

Within an hour of picking up my car from Roadshow, I noticed two problems. (1) there was a 1/6 inch chip in the paint on the hood – all the way thru to shining metal (2) the spoiler was incorrectly installed – it was rising off the driver side of the trunk. I brought it back to the dealer a week later; they said they would get the spoiler fixed immediately. They would not fix the hood (said they couldn’t be sure I hadn’t done it).

Over a week later, I went to pick up my car. This time, there were large gobs of glue holding the spoiler down. It was installed at an angle, rather than square to the hood. My service rep. informed me that they had ‘sent the car to the body shop this time to get it right’ referring to Joe Stewart’s Auto Body. We agreed that this work was unacceptable, and back it went again.

This morning, eight days later, I went to pick up my car once again. This time, the spoiler looks good, but there’s clearly no adhesive at all. You can look under the spoiler, and see 1/8 inch of space, filled only by double sided foam tape. Water comes out when pressure is applied to the spoiler.

To make matters worse, I then noticed that there was no gas in the car (I dropped it off with nearly a full tank.) I checked the odometer records and found that 295 miles had been put on the car since I dropped it off. It should be noted that the round trip mileage between the dealer and the body shop is approximately 10 miles.

So, now I own a almost new car, with a rusting hood, an incorrectly installed spoiler that I’m sure will soon fall off, and almost 300 miles driven by some nameless person at the body shop. Needless to say, I am very upset by the entire situation.

I have emailed BMW NA, and am mailing this complaint to the dealer and the body shop. Any suggestions on what else can be done about this?
Appreciate 0