08-17-2010, 01:02 PM   #2166
Park2670
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmjohns View Post
Service is finally scheduled for next tuesday. I just bought the car in May with 47k on it and have no idea what services were done on it prior. I am hoping everything was done by BMW by their schedule but you never know. I thought to be on the safe side I would get the coolant flushed besides the oil change. I have been reading that a lot of guys service the AWD differentials at 50k so I was thinking about that as well. What have you guys done or recommend? Any idea what kind of cost to have that all done? Is there a standard oil you use for the N52 or will the dealer try to upsell because I am new?

Have a great day!
There is only one type of oil for each part, so there is no upsell there for you. When I purchased my 330xi I had many fluids changed, nothing that BMW says needs to be done, but I just did for peace of mind. I had the front and rear differentials, and the transfer case fluid changed. As well as the engine coolant, power steering fluid, and transmission fluid. It wasnt cheap, but well worth it IMO if you are keeping the car for a long time.
Appreciate 0