View Single Post
      04-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #58
NatAsp-M3
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

My favorites:

Vernon Chee, service advisor at BMW. I've used some other goons that were horrible so now I stick with him. He has yet to mention anything about my mods (with the exception of "damn they stretched those tires on).

Tina Sterling, BMW sales. Been there a long time. Mom of pro surfer Jamie Sterling. I've gotten 3 BMWs from her. She's moved to the pre-owned side but still does new sales if you contact her. Best thing is, if I ever get any crap from the service or any other part, she marches over there and kicks some ass.

Tint: Pamalu - The original minds behind lava lining, a nasty divorce split the company but Pamalu got the master tinter. The best, period.

Bodywork: Chuck's Corvette. Thankfully, I haven't needed them, but I've known the wife for years. I have 2 buddies with Ferraris, and they both used the shop with excellent results. I may try some color match painting for some add-ons at some point.

A&A: Good stuff. It's weird, but you should talk only to Albert. His partner always seems to tell me Albert's on a test drive when he answers the phone, and that they're really busy (which they are but mostly cuz they have only 2 lifts), but if you get a hold of Albert directly, he'll help you asap. As mentioned earlier, for mod work, they pull hours directly off Dinan's web site and will charge you $90 per, based on what they find there. I think you can get a little flex there, though. To me, if you can't do it yourself Albert's worth it since you know they aint going to screw your car up. Revolution will do it for cheaper, but who knows how many e9x's they've been into. Albert's an enthusiast, too- Drives a e46M he picked off the management at BMW before he left.

What about cosmetic rim repair? Any experiences? BMW sent my old 7 series rims for repair and they came back spanking new, but I didn't figure out where they sent it. It was done in a day. I got some scuffs on one of my Advan RS that could use attention.

e90M3, sold: Akrapovic // Brembo // VRS // Eisenmann // Advan RS // ESS // Challenge
Appreciate 0