View Single Post
      04-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
Coolieman1220
Banned
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Sunshades FTW

I love the sunshades on my car! It's an option I probably would have said no to because of the cost and benefit but my car came with them.

My windows are tinted all around 35%, (sides and rear windshield) I have sunshades on the rear sides and rear glass. When the shades are up the back glass becomes almost opaque. I think it looks really nice yet it's light enough up here for city driving with people at night and for privacy.

Today on a major road here in Staten Island (Richmond Avenue) They do a lot of enforcement for driving violations such as cell phone tickets. I saw the cop ahead of me and I saw a red light ahead so I was coasting to a stop doing well under the PSL. I slowly passed by the cop who immediately came behind me as I was stopped at the light. From that point I knew once the light turned green I'd have a roadside disco christmas tree behind me. I figured it was for my tint since I wasn't doing anything wrong. So I pull over and put all 4 of my windows down, turn off the car, all that stuff. Cop comes up and asks me for my license and registration, insurance card. So as I reach over to my glovebox to get it I ask the cop, "Officer, may I ask why I'm being stopped?" He responds, "I'll tell you when I receive your information." Fair enough so I then begin to tell him the truth of why I'm on the road. My girlfriend who was sitting shotgun, I was on the way to the airport for her 2:00 flight out of Newark. It was about 12:15. Didn't really have time to waste. So I explained that to him while searching my glovebox, it was a tad bit messy with CD's and such inside. So I find my PBA card, my registration and insurance, grab my license and hand it to the cop. I acted a bit nervous as well. He then tells me he's pulling me over because my tinted windows are too dark. So I said but officer, my windows appear dark because of the sunshades. I'm sure he saw them since the rear windows were down. He asked me to roll up my window up a bit, I did, he placed my license on the inside, looked at it then handed it back to me and said have a nice day. SAFE!! He didn't have a meter or anything and my tint is handcut to the edge of the glass so you have to really look to see that it's actual tint.

None the less I was very happy about this, first time I was stopped and let off without a yellow paper. I'm glad it went well, It feels so nice to not get a ticket. So much negativity about being pulled over on these forums so here's a nice story!
Appreciate 0