Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2015 X5 x35i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper
Tony, what are you on?

1) What is this great engine that almost no-one in the world has driven yet. What a mindless BMW sycophant you are!

2) Turbo lag is present to a larger or lesser extent in all turbocharged engines. No NA engine has turbo lag (duh)

3) Turbo lag is felt as a lack of responsiveness to a throttle action whereby the engine does not provide the full torque usually available at the current engine speed because there is a delay before the turbo(s) spools up and provides it. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

4) Even very sophisticated LPT engines like the FSI Audi 2.0 engine still suffer from lag

5) Turbo lag is about a lack of feel and responsiveness of the engine to throttle inputs and not its numerical performance. This is something that true enthusiast are very iterested in and one of the items that distinguishes great engines
I take it you haven't seen the dyno chart with the torque curve from this engine? It's flat as a board, starting from 1300 RPM's up to 5100 RPM's of even pulling power. If you want to call the gap from 890 RPM idle to 1300 RPM with full torque "lag"...then so be it.
Appreciate 0