View Single Post
      01-26-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

I wanted to kill my I-Drive today...

POS thing. First of the navigation instructions aren't very good at anticipating and giving the information the driver needs to know. Things like "destination on your left" that a MB does. It also doesn't tell you the building w/ the house number; once you get within a block or so of your destination it tells you you've arrived and then shuts off. Arrived where?! I'm still in my car in the middle of the street. Which building is it?

To top it off, I entered 220 20th Avenue today and it gave me directions to 1 20th Avenue for some reason. I think it had to do w/ telling it to detour a traffic jam. Anyways, I ended up on the block of 1 20th Avenue, parking and then walking around the block trying to find 220 realizing the navi is full of shit and getting back in the car. Another bad thing, you can't - or atleast i haven't found out how to - display the current address the navi is bringing you too. So when I got back in my car and the navi said I was at the right place, I couldn't check to see if the right place was 220.

Anyways 5 minues later I arrived on the block of 220 20th Avenue at which point the navigation turned off before I could figure out which ****ing building 220 was. So I parked the car on the block and again ran around in the rain looking for building 220.

What a POS. Nerve wracking as hell. And the voice inputs are pissing me off too. The sound fromt he wiper blades is enough for the system to think you're saying something and to tell you it couldn't understand what you were talking about or give you some other, completely unrelated, function like vent control.

/rant :mad:

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0