silvermist99
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i 6MT & X5D 6AT

Garage List
2007 BMW 323I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
from BMW Performance exhaust to catless DP + stock exhaust?

been thinking of the idea of going from BMW PE only to catless DP + stock exhaust. Anyone tried both combinations and have comments on it? stock exhaust with the valve opened is too muted for my taste.

the 335 will very likely become my wife's daily driver soon as we're expecting a newborn and I don't need a car often. It is also slightly embarrassing having the interior rumble buzz at low speed when when carrying coworkers or friends that I want to have conversation with, its a family sedan not a flashy uncomfortable sport car. We're also starting to take long trip with the car and it gets somewhat annoying after couple hours. It sounds awesome when ripping it but getting annoying when I want to drive it slow/smooth.

Now I shift at 1300rpm 1->2->3 when I want it to be quiet and move like a snail / want to carry a conversation inside.

My ideal sound would be 20% louder than stock exhaust with butterfly valve open. Or 70% quieter bmw PE. Will I get that with catless DP? Now that the 2013 e-test been changed to OBD type test, passing it shouldnt be much of an issue.
Appreciate 0