03-26-2008, 07:50 PM   #410
rtjones
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 328i, 1995 VW Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJerman View Post
Hey detailers! I have a quick question for you that shouldn't be too hard.

My question is, what is the best way to wash microfiber towels? I searched and didn't have much luck because "wash" and "microfiber" brings back just about every thread ever created in this section, so please excuse me if this has been answered. I know they make stuff to add to your wash cycle to clean them, but is that the the best route? I know not to use fabric softener because you want them to be "staticy" to pick up dust and not leave any fuzz, is there anything else to know?

In not knowing the best way, I've typically in the past just washed them in hot water with no soap or fabric softener, then tossed them in the dryer to tumble dry. I figure that might be fine for towels that you just used to dry or clean windows with or whatever but if they have wax in them, I'm assuming just water isn't going to get it out very well. Please educate me.
I'm not certain if this is the best way, but it certainly is effective. I simply wash my mf towels and applicators (together if that's what I need to wash) on a warm/cold cycle, normal soil, with a bit of Tide, usually with a extra rinse cycle. I never wash my mf towels with cotton towels. I then dry them on the lowest heat possible (just a bit warmer than tumble dry). I just don't want them to get too hot, as it seems they may wear-out more quickly, though I have no experience supporting this. I've washed my towels probably 20 times, and they are in terrific condition.
Appreciate 0