11-21-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
DPritchett
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 528i

Garage List
2006 E90 325xi  [0.00]
1. Basically, you are limited to web orders from the Zaino site or you could order by phone from LaZaino. You are not likely to find Zaino in a local auto part store. I would suggest you consider the "Total Show Car Protection Kit" which bundles all the basics for $84.70.

2. The instructions may seem intimidating, but its not that hard really. If you write down detailed instructions for common household tasks, they seem really complicated too.

3. A full treatment would be something like this:

Wash with Dawn (this is a 1-time thing, to remove the residue of other products from your car).

Clay (not something you have to do, but it removes contaminates from your surface. A little of the Z7 wash mixed in a spray bottle makes a great lubricant, btw.)

Wash with Z7 wash

Apply Z5. * with ZFX mixed in it dries faster, so application takes less time

Apply Z2. * if you are doing multiple coats, its a big help.

3. Z-6 or alternately Z-8 are the quick detailer products in the Zaino line. Zaino recommends a coat of Z6 in between layers of Z5 and Z2. I like to spriitz my applicator with Z6 when I'm applying the products. Z8 is more expensive, so I only use it as a atopper and to maintain my finish in between my polishing sessions.

4. The all-in-one is an alternative to Z5 & Z2. It can be used just by itself, as a base coat for Z5/Z2, or topped with the clear seal product.

5. The mantra to repeat with Zaino is THIN coats -- 1 oz. of product~about 1/2 of the little mixing bottles you get with ZFX should do at least one complete complete oin a car our size.

6. Just using a quick detailer is not enough to get the results you want, at least not that will last for more than a day. A good wax or sealant will protect and enhance your car's finish for weeks or months.

2006 325xi |SG - Terra - Walnut | Steptronic | Premium Package - Nav | Zenon Adaptive Headlights | Blacklines; iPod Adapter
Appreciate 0