07-18-2005, 09:39 PM   #19
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petercat
The Monte Carlo... I go there fairly regularly. The valet is extremely professional and The lot is full of cars much nicer than my e90. He must be a car guy, he seems to repsect and appreciate all of the cars in his lot. When I had my 911, I had no problems handing it over. It's guess I've had good luck with Valets. If I ever questioned the valet as I pulled up, I would keep on going. (yes, I'll judge a valet on his appearance)

I would never say "it's just a car", although it is. Cars are the second largest purchase a person makes after their home. I respect all cars and I do understand the anxiety of having someone drive your car who doesn't love it like you do.

I think I would trust a valet over a friend. Friends always seem to think they are entitle to "cut loose a little" in your new car. Or "see what it can do". It's my car, not a rental. I don't think I would hand the keys over to my friends.

Anyone willing to hand the keys over to friends?

My friends are welcome to drive my car, only because they all know how much of a car freak I am. They know I would probably rip their heads off if they messed up, so things usually go pretty smoothly

:rocks: