United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i MT6 M Sport, Dinan 5

Garage List
2011 128i  [5.66]
2000 Dinan 5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaZeta View Post
You'd be surprised that the rise of the Iphone didn't work that way.

Companies DIDN'T integrate with the Iphone. Integration was not the key to the Iphone's success.

The key to the Iphone's success was the branding, quality of Apple, with a product that was revolutionary at the time, that was superior to all other products.

Remember, only ATT had the Iphone to begin with, because it went to the highest bidder, ATT. It was years before Verizon, T-Mobile or Sprint were able to pay Apple to carry the Iphone.
AT&T did not get the iPhone because of the highest bidder.. AT&T was very rocky at the time for a cell company and partnering up with Apple to have exclusive rights was a good business deal. The iPhone was the phone that saved AT&T. The other carriers jumped on because they finally realized that they can make a pretty penny too.... Suck for Sprint because they are doing like crap with selling the iPhone. But I digress....

To even think that cars integrating the iPhone did not lead to some of its success is being blind and a... yes i am going to say it... iSheep.

Quote:
Same thing for the Ipod. The reason for the Ipod's success was quality, branding and innovation.
actually the success for the ipod was portability... Sony had a device that did exactly what the ipod did. The only problem was that it did not store as much as the ipod did.. and that device was actually flash based.

Quote:
Apple does not integrate...others change FOR Apple. In fact many industry experts believe the rise of WHITE as the most popular new car color was because of the popularity of Apple products.
You mean to tell me from that just one article that was featured on bimmer post... you need to get out more and look at the car industry... particularly BMW before the iPhone. BMW most popular selling color even way back in the day was Alpine white.

So more many more articles that state that the iPhone is the one that made white popular. LOL.... that is funny.

Quote:
Another example. Did the music industry and Apple integrate? NOPE!

Apple offered a cheaper, easier and faster way of listening to, storing, sorting, previewing and purchasing music through their Itunes software. It was the music industry that adapted, not Apple.
Actually this was Napster that did this first before apple did with there proprietary iTunes. This just never took off because of the bad rap Napster god for illegal sharing.

Also Kazaa back in the day had a pay feature for music even before apple made iTunes and I can name some more.

Quote:
When people buy a car, it's mostly for simple reasons: looks, cool features, cool music system, etc.
Quote:
No one is going to buy a car that doesn't work with Apple. They're not going to have two devices, two music catalogs, two softwares, etc.
so what you are is saying that if car manufacturers would stop integrating iPhone, nobody is going to buy cars anymore?

sure.....

Quote:
They want everything on one device, their Iphone, and they want their car to adapt to what they already have.

The #1 consumer device, electronic device, communication device is the Iphone. Not offering Iphone integration WILL hurt the car sales.
Yea.... people do want everything on one device... this is why it works both ways and it start to gives consumers more choice.

Both have benefited from each other and both saw a good monetary gain but the iPhone is not the do all device anymore and recent surveys show that.