05-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
MattsGray335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe 6spd man

Recommendations on Shop for clutch replacement DFW Area

Howdy,

I am in search of a shop to replace my clutch. Looking for a shop that will charge reasonable labor. I've done a bit of research and somewhere in the neighbor hood of 8 hours of labor seems to be reasonable. I have been quoted $1500 in labor. Most of my searches in the drivetrain forum yield results saying that a shop that has replaced a clutch on E9x before, should charge around 5 to 8 hours of labor.

Also, it seems customer provided parts is taboo? After mentioning bringing in a clutch kit to a shop, I was told "It's like bringing your own steak to a steak house?" Not opposed to shop provided parts, so long as the prices aren't out of reason.

Also, I would like to resurface my flywheel to be on the safe side (I've read not doing so, could cause premature clutch wear/failure).

Anyhow, does anyone have a shop they go and would recommend for clutch replacement and flywheel resurfacing?

TL;DR: Need a recommendation on a shop that has reasonable parts & labor costs on clutch replacement in the DFW area.

Thanks in Advance,

Matt
Appreciate 0