11-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #7
Will335d
General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X6M F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeebo8452 View Post
Hi well I did get the engine plastic cover double checked and it seemed that it was a little loose and the guy switched those rubber things around and it seems to hold a lot better. However I still experience what I would describe as a "deep humming noise" from the engine between 1500-2000 rpm, usually in first and second gears. Once I get above 2000rpm the noise goes away. But I think this noise has got louder over the couple months. As mentioned its a BMW 320d e92 coupe2007 at around 82,000 miles.

After googling I have seen suggestions that it could potentially be the gearbox or camshaft. Any ideas or advice would be welcome. To be honest its not like the car is sluggish or anything but I want to know whether there is an underlying issue I should be concerned about as I wouldnt want it to pack up all of a suddent

Thanks in advance guys
Hi I had this happen on a 320d low mileage bought from BMW auc that had just been services before sale, the airbox bolts were barely in and the rubber mount wasn't on properly took 2 mins just have a good look about
Appreciate 0