View Single Post
      10-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
pinky_and_me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N54 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
Since you won't do the West DVD, can you tell us how you added the POIs?
Sure, I did spend some time searching around for someone who managed to generate the binary files needed so lucky for us they provided examples. I'll just give you those with the latest data so you don't have to waste time plus it's easy for me to do.
What you need to do is extract the west coast ISO (or find some program that can add files to an ISO) and add all the files in the attached zip files (had to split it because this forum has some limitations) to the corresponding directories in TPD/TTCBUSA_NA_20130429 EXCEPT the ENG/ENG.LSC. That one you will use as a guide to edit the existing ENG.LSC to add the 2 new categories 10008 and 10009 which are the red light camera and police traps. There are several things to add so make sure you cover all of them.
Our DVD system is pretty old and thus very picky on how the files are written and the format of the DVD. I had to use the following options when generating the updated ISO - ISO level 2, Do not use deep directory relocation and use file version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip west-poi-files.zip (324.9 KB, 169 views)
File Type: zip west-poi-files-2.zip (330.8 KB, 184 views)
Appreciate 0