View Single Post
      02-21-2007, 03:07 PM   #80
boyce'06 330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 330i Slvr/Gray Prem/Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
That's pretty cool, very convenient for me.

I have some reservations about an automatic car wash, however. I prefer the 'touchless' system, like at the Nashville BMW dealership and at Home Depot in Cool Springs. Even there, I worry about dirty water blasting at my car. I really prefer to wash my car myself, doing my best to avoid swirls.

I will definately bring my wife's car to the new Baker's Bridge Rd. car spa, though. She needs some new wax, and I don't have the time.

Are you familiar with the owner's background? Does he have detail experience? Is it a franchise?

I don't generally like automatic washes either (Smith Bros. put such bad scratches down the side of my wife's X5 that I bought a PC to buff them out), but Miles is brand new and state of the art. I actually had my E90 washed today at lunch and it looks GREAT.

Miles (the owner) is a very good friend and BMW enthusiast (he currently drives an E46 M3 Convertible in Carbon Black with BBS RS-GT 19" wheels, Dinan exhaust, cold air intake and engine chip). He won't be doing the detailing personally, but I went through their detail bay and they've got all the right stuff. PCs, all the pads, several grades of quality polishes and waxes, enough microfibre to dry up Percy Priest Lake, etc... And I know he hired the best people. The only missing ingredient (at least I didn't see it) was a good sealant.

His vision is to make 'Miles' an experience, and a bad detail simply won't be tolerated.

Last edited by boyce'06 330i; 02-21-2007 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 0