View Single Post
      01-31-2011, 12:03 AM   #483
Quisp
Does not play well with others
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

What is most absurd is that BMW knows the problems exist and they have no real fix for it, yet they are selling cars with this engine and not alerting buyers(other than the fact that the pump has an extended warranty on it).
Knowingly selling a car with a faulty engine and no soultion for the problem other than keep replacing the faulty part with the same part. How is that considered acceptable by any business or ethical standards? If I told someone that was buying my car that it has engine problems that may or may not keep coming back and if they do you may end up losing power without warning while driving on the highway, but dont worry, just bring the car back to me and I will switch out the bad part with either a remanufactured part that is the same as the one coming out or a new part that is the same as the one coming out, what would thier reaction be? So instead I will tell them that not only is it a great car, but i am going to do something extra nice for you and extend the warranty on the part, am I a great guy or what. Now it looks like I am doing the buyer a favor because they may not know the real reason the warranty was extended, just that it was and thats a good thing. I came out of a pile of shi*t and I smell like a rose.